I called him up just a little while after the ritual.
He had asked me to write about every book I read. I am almost through with The SandGlass. A lovely travel book, as Prasad called it as he gifted it to me. The story line as it is unfolding makes me more clear of the two word message he would get once I complete the book. Thank you!
The three days in hyderabad flew in abandon. My soul unwinded in the solace of Mad. Madhavi- my Alter ego as she calls me.
I experienced real freedom after a long time, though many have promised me to free me from my invisible cage. A treat of Life with Mad, Prasad and their two lovely Lahari and Millie.
When Prasad looked around his shelves for the Legends of Kasaks, I could make the eagerness he had to show me the dark part of his life through this unique way. As we sat through the afternoon imploring and exploring the word freedom, I got stuck as he quitely plumbed a question, Are you really free?
Freedom for him is to have faith and let go. Faith, we debated it for long. He said faith is food for the poor, religion for the sinner.. Legs have faith in feet, body has faith in mind.. Faith is like fatherhood, only the expereincer knows of it, like a mother. I could understand the pain in him which showed a little everytime we went a little further. Mad, my darling, my chatterbox, would irritate me like hell. As she says we like each others physical touch. It fills the gaps we have from our partners. She would pinch me everywhere and I would allow her till I would pinch her so hard that she would stay away from me for a while. Just a while. She couldnt sleep for days after we left each other.
We would like to watch Godfather when everyone would have been interested in watching cricket. She would throw everyone out of the common room through her pranks.
She came to pick me up at an hour past midnight, with a very sceptic Prasad. Our meeting, the extended hugs and kisses must have eased him a bit as he held Shivi's hand and our baggage. She was pale and weak. I felt the pain she had had all these months.
And as I became a part of her again after 15 yrs, I could understand what strayed her. She lived in a real world and he lived in an imaginary world.
He lived through his values and she through her worldliness. She was as selfish as his selflessness.
He was quite hungry as he came early from office to see us off for the evening flight. Madhu in the kitchen made dosa for him to compensate for the breakfast he had. We woke so late and she could only manage to give the last night leftovers for breakfast. I sat opposite to him, braiding Shivi's hair. And he in his ever generous demenour shared his dosas with four of us. I got a double treat as Millie kept feeding her favourite aunty as well.
I wrote about a living book instead of Romesh Gunesekera's The Sandglass.
Alone I called him from the attic. I lied. I had had my 5 min ritual. And he had gone to sleep with Shivi in the ground floor. The bed wouldn't have accommodated me. But I knew that I won't have anymore of him. I had had my share.
He had asked me to write about every book I read. I am almost through with The SandGlass. A lovely travel book, as Prasad called it as he gifted it to me. The story line as it is unfolding makes me more clear of the two word message he would get once I complete the book. Thank you!
The three days in hyderabad flew in abandon. My soul unwinded in the solace of Mad. Madhavi- my Alter ego as she calls me.
I experienced real freedom after a long time, though many have promised me to free me from my invisible cage. A treat of Life with Mad, Prasad and their two lovely Lahari and Millie.
When Prasad looked around his shelves for the Legends of Kasaks, I could make the eagerness he had to show me the dark part of his life through this unique way. As we sat through the afternoon imploring and exploring the word freedom, I got stuck as he quitely plumbed a question, Are you really free?
Freedom for him is to have faith and let go. Faith, we debated it for long. He said faith is food for the poor, religion for the sinner.. Legs have faith in feet, body has faith in mind.. Faith is like fatherhood, only the expereincer knows of it, like a mother. I could understand the pain in him which showed a little everytime we went a little further. Mad, my darling, my chatterbox, would irritate me like hell. As she says we like each others physical touch. It fills the gaps we have from our partners. She would pinch me everywhere and I would allow her till I would pinch her so hard that she would stay away from me for a while. Just a while. She couldnt sleep for days after we left each other.
We would like to watch Godfather when everyone would have been interested in watching cricket. She would throw everyone out of the common room through her pranks.
She came to pick me up at an hour past midnight, with a very sceptic Prasad. Our meeting, the extended hugs and kisses must have eased him a bit as he held Shivi's hand and our baggage. She was pale and weak. I felt the pain she had had all these months.
And as I became a part of her again after 15 yrs, I could understand what strayed her. She lived in a real world and he lived in an imaginary world.
He lived through his values and she through her worldliness. She was as selfish as his selflessness.
He was quite hungry as he came early from office to see us off for the evening flight. Madhu in the kitchen made dosa for him to compensate for the breakfast he had. We woke so late and she could only manage to give the last night leftovers for breakfast. I sat opposite to him, braiding Shivi's hair. And he in his ever generous demenour shared his dosas with four of us. I got a double treat as Millie kept feeding her favourite aunty as well.
I wrote about a living book instead of Romesh Gunesekera's The Sandglass.
Alone I called him from the attic. I lied. I had had my 5 min ritual. And he had gone to sleep with Shivi in the ground floor. The bed wouldn't have accommodated me. But I knew that I won't have anymore of him. I had had my share.
कोई टिप्पणी नहीं:
एक टिप्पणी भेजें